Friday, April 29, 2011

After the devastation from the tornadoes on Wednesday night, I've just not had it in me to write much.  There are many, many people in our city and county without electricity, with homes that look like a bomb went off, with so much pain.  And, of course, it's much worse in Alabama and north of us here in GA in Ringgold.  I've been praying and asking God to be huge in the lives of everyone touched by all of this disaster.


Yesterday morning I pulled out Tyler's papers and placed them in a folder.  I told him when he was done with the work, and cleaning his room and doing his chores, he could go outdoors to play.  Man, he was quick and cheerful getting his things accomplished.  He really wanted to be outside since it had been raining so much lately.


Today we had homeschool co-op and I ended up pinch hitting at the last minute as a teacher for the 3rd through 5th grade Ancient Egypt class and that was actually fun.  I don't like doing anything at the last minute, but it worked out and stretched me in ways that I need stretching.


This afternoon, Mary Madison left for an American Heritage Girls overnight trip to the Gatlinburg Aquarium where they are "Sleeping with the Sharks" overnight in the Aquarium.  Wes and his friend Josh went with Tom all day to help out people in the church without power and with trees down on their property.  Tyler played with Garrison, his best buddy.  What did I do with myself?  Took a nap, lol. Then I went shopping a bit and walked the dog.  What a lovely ending to my day.


Yesterday's Workout:  Leslie Sansone 5 mile Fat Burning Walk~but I only walked 4 miles of  it. That was about an hour and I said it was enough.


Today's workout:  Slim Series Express Cardio Sculpt, upper body workout.


What I'm reading:  I always keep a book in the car in case I get stuck somewhere. Well, I got stuck waiting for two long trains while out today!  I read a chapter in Max Lucado's Come Thirsty and had forgotten what a thought provoking read it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment