Thursday, April 14, 2011

Another beautiful spring day here.  I did oversleep but still got up and got my workout in.  Tom takes a 5:15 am spin class twice a week and woke up early and headed out the door.  The class has been getting full quickly, because a gym in town recently closed, leaving only the Y and one two other gyms.  Anyway, at 4:45 I heard his radio alarm blaring "Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus" sung in a country twang, lol.  I had a hard time getting back to sleep and then didn't wake up until nearly 7:30, eek!!


Tom took Wes to the orthodontist, though, so I had time to exercise, shower, etc.  The good news is Wes only has to wear his rubber bands when he sleeps, yippee!  Those things were forever popping out of his mouth and we found them all over the house, grrrr....The bad news for him is they put heavier wires in so his teeth are sore.  And, since he's allergic to milk and can't drink shakes, eat yogurt, pudding, it's going to be a rough couple of days.


The kids have been so funny lately.  Maddie and Tyler have been "doing school" together in her room.  They moved their desks in there, work together, have schedules, etc.  It's funny but they've been getting their work done better with minimal fussing so I'll take it.


Oh, and a mom's dream:  Wes has a camp out/rappelling trip tomorrow night and most of the day Saturday. Tom has decided to take Maddie and Wes on Friday, spend the night and day Saturday, and they'll be back in time for bed Saturday.  Mom gets an entire night and day alone. I'm giddy with excitement, lol.  I love my family but that kind of time alone is like gold to me.


Rocky and I enjoyed another nice walk this afternoon and I had a lot of good time to reflect on how good God has been to me.  I often grumble about the walks but I have some of the best meditation and alone time ever on them so they're a true blessing.


Gotta run, dinner to see to as we have a soccer practice for Wes tonight.  May God bless your socks off today.


Today's workout:  Burn Fat with Cardio with Chris Freytag (40 minutes).  The rest of the week needs to be lower impact, the last two days have had more high impact in them and my feet and shins will start to grumble, lol.  And, my lovely dog walk.


What I'm reading:  Senior High Form+U+La, by Barb Shelton.  Great workbook, it will help Wes and Maddie and I put together a program for homeschooling during middle and high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment