Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Today was one of those days where things don't go as planned.  I knew my Maddie was taking a cold, but when Tyler got up he had one too.  I'm sort of stumped as to what precipitated this but they both started sneezing like crazy at my mother in laws house on Easter.  I'm just hoping they don't give all of my in laws the cold they were catching.


I had an eye appointment, we needed groceries, and I had to run to the post office.  So, I got up and did a quick 30 minute workout and then got ready to leave the house.  I left Maddie and Tyler with instructions to read and watch an educational show I'd taped off of the Science or History channel~giving them a choice.  I also got Wes going on his school and put him charge of pet duties.


My eye exam went well. The Ophthalmologist said my retina is in amazing shape to be as near-sighted as I am and he's amazed how well I read without needing reading glasses at 46 years old. We did discuss what to do with my eyes in a year or two when I age enough to necessitate a change.


Meanwhile Tom asked me to go to lunch at a Mexican restaurant. The kids said the felt fine, were just lying in bed reading so we had a quick lunch and that was a nice surprise. When I got home the kids felt a wee bit better and wanted to go to the library so off we went.  Maddie and Tyler climbed back in bed with new books once we got home, lol.


The other funny thing is the 13 yo beagle Penny. She's driving Wes and I crazy because ALL she wants to do today is go outdoors in the front yard and eat grass.  I guess all the rain has made our grass green and yummy in her tummy, LOL.


So, that was our crazy day. Tonight I have a Mother/Daughter banquet to attend at church~maybe alone, if Maddie isn't up to going. I'm looking forward to everyone feeling a bit better tomorrow, I pray.


Today's workout:  2 miles of walking style cardio with Leslie Sansone, using a 2 pound weighted belt you wear around your middle.  Yeah, she's chatty and silly, but no one day Walk Aerobics like Leslie.

No comments:

Post a Comment