Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'm trying to figure out how I missed Tuesday and then remembered that I didn't sleep well.  Tom forgot to baby gate the dog into the kitchen and she got up at 1:30 am, clicking into my bedroom looking for me. At 2:30, she clicked out into Tyler's room.  Tom got up to gate her and then he was tossing about and I was wide awake. I got up and watched a documentary on Egyptian pyramids for over an hour, lol, and then was up at 6:30 to start my day.


I did take the kids to Barnes and Noble yesterday morning.  They love going there and browsing books, magazines, etc.  Last night I was pretty much useless, though, and was in bed by 10.  I try to do that each night, turning out my light by 10:30, since I'm getting up to exercise before the kids get going.  At first I was exhausted but now it's getting better.


Today we did some more reading in The Willows and Beyond, cleaned rooms, etc.  The crazy story of the day is as follows.  I'm quoting from how I told the story to the moms on my Homeschooling Moms Exercise Peeps checkin:


  Drama this morning. At 6:20 I heard the 13 yo beagle, Penny, moving around in the kitchen(we baby gate her in there at night) so I checked and she needed water. Then she went to the back door to go out. I went and got dressed to exercise, drink water, etc. About 10 minutes later I went to check on her. I leave the back door ajar so she can come in, it helps her not stand out there and howl, lol. Well, one of my sweet children had left the gate open and she was gone. I got Wes, my 14 yo up, and we drove around, walked around, etc. for half an hour. Finally, I threw my hands up and said, "Father what should I do?" I felt like he said, "Go home." I asked Wes and he said to go back toward the house too. That fiend of a dog had come home and was barking at us from the driveway when we got into her view. She came jogging up to me, wagging her tail 90 miles an hour. Sigh. So, now we have a talk about leaving the gate open, lol~Penny has no sense and would easily walk into the road in front of a car, sniffing the entire time.


After all of that, we did get some school work done too, and Maddie and Tyler had piano. Wes is doing a Good Friday drama for Tom and he's off practicing at church and Maddie is getting ready to babysit.  I'm looking forward to reading and just enjoying time with Tyler, who is dying to play a game now.


Yesterday's workout:  Since I was so tired and needed cardiovascular exercise, I chose walking workouts.  I did 30 minutes of Jenny Craig's Let's Walk it Off and 20 minutes of Weight Watcher's Walking Workout.  I used 2 pound hand weights and a 2 pound weighted belt to bump up the intensity.  I loved the Jenny Craig, it had lovely outdoor scenery.


Today's workout:  Tracie Long Defined Lines.  Low impact medicine ball cardio and light weight work and good ab/lower body floor work.  Definitely made me sweat.


What I'm reading:  Bill Bryson's In A Sunburned Country  I read it several years ago, it's all about his adventures in Australia.  Plus, you learn so much about Australia and he's just darn funny.  Warning: He's not a Christian so his theology is faulty regarding things like evolution, and his language is a bit dicey sometimes, but his books are worth reading.  He also wrote A Walk in the Woods  about hiking parts of the Appalachian trail.  You learn a lot and are just laughing OUT LOUD at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment