Monday, April 18, 2011

The beginning of Holy Week tends to be a reflective time for me.  Last night I was going through the TV checking on times of some documentaries I wanted to record and found "The Passion of the Christ" being shown, without commercials.  It was about halfway over so I asked Wes to look at part of it. He proceeded to sit mesmerized until the movie ended, and wants to see the entire thing.  I've not shown it to any of the children before, because of the violence, but thought Wes was old enough.  I could tell it really made him think a lot about Christ.  Totally a serendipity, totally worth the time we spent.


Today I told the kids they could have an unschooling learning day IF they cleaned the house. It really needed attention and mom can't take care of the messes 5 people, three cats and two dogs can make!  So, the floors got swept/mopped, rooms clean, bathroom cleaned, etc. Wes also did a load of laundry~I'm so glad he does his own.  Maddie is slowly getting there but sometimes forgets to transfer her clothing from the washer to the dryer~or leaves things in the dryer overnight, etc.


Today's workout:  Erin O'Brien's Strong Body, Fit Body.  I've been alternating her two weight workouts each Monday for a bit (the other is Strong Body, Ageless Body) and they are the perfect start to my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment