Monday, April 25, 2011

I feel like Dorothy when I say with heartfelt sincerity, "There's no place like home."  We went to my in laws for Easter and had a lovely time.  We spent the night and came home this afternoon.  We had no air conditioning, had to go back for Tom's  laptop, and dealt with torrential rains on the drive home.  Thus my Dorothy syndrome.


But, honestly, I'm not much of a traveler.  I like to go to the beach and the mountains, I love Disney World (the kid in my coming out).  I also love going to see my parents in Kentucky, no matter how old or how long I'm away Kentucky just feels like home.  And Atlanta is a nice place to go, especially since my MIL spoils me by doing all the cooking!


But I'm ALWAYS, without exception, glad to be home.  Wherever the Bishop of the United Methodist church says that is at the moment.  I like settling in, feeling content, having my kids, husband, stuff, pets all around  me.  I just like HOME.


I sometimes feel a deeper longing for my permanent home.  Where there will be no more tears, no more frustration, no more sense of separation between my Savior and me.  Where I can be barefoot, without makeup, accepted, comfortable. Without pretense, hypocrisy, or personal sin.  Because I'm full of all of that, at times. (After all, it is so easy to look at others and think we're better than we are).


Home.  I pray today that you are in a place where you can feel cherished, safe, loved, relaxed.  And that you allow that place to give you a glimpse of eternity.  Yearning.  Hope.  Anticipation.


Knowing that our heart's true home is where Christ is.  And, truly, there is no place like THAT home.


Workout:  Are you kidding me?  By the time I got home at 5pm I just wanted to sip in the joy of being home!!


What I'm reading:  Well, I read with the kids today. Wes and I studied Pyramids of Egypt; Tyler and I Spanish for Dummies; Maddie Math for Smarty Pants.  Interesting choices that they took to their grandparents for school reading today and in the car on the way home!



No comments:

Post a Comment