Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's raining and supposed to be the last day of our nice 70 degree temps for a bit. I think the highs will be in the mid to upper 50s but the lows in the upper 20s and low 30s for a few days. That's pretty cold for this time of the year.


This morning I got Tyler to clean his room and then he and Wes and I did some dusting. After that came some algebra lessons, interspersed with motivating Tyler to do his worksheets when all he wanted to do was write his book!  Some days are just like that, aren't they?  We finished reading our Astronomy lesson for the week at dinner last night so today we watched a bit of a documentary on light (speed of light, etc.) during lunch.


Maddie and Tyler had piano lessons at 2:30 so off we went. We found out that they are being asked to perform for the church members along with some other children one night for Christmas. They're excited and I think their teacher will even have them doing a piano duet together.


Then it was our weekly trip to the bread store and home for a bit before church dinner tonight.  I'm looking forward to Thursdays being ours again since Tyler is done with soccer.


The big news here is that we're staying home and having our own Thanksgiving.  We've only done that once in the 17 years we've been married (17 years as of Saturday) and I'm so excited about having a relaxed, fun day.  Maddie and I are menu planning and I think we'll also go serve a meal at the homeless shelter that day as a family. Tom and I just think that will be a wonderful way to express our gratitude to God for all we have~by being the hands and feet of Christ to others.


Today's workout:  10 Minute Solution Knockout Body with Jessica Smith:  Upper Body and Total Body; Powerfit Plus Total Express (strength workout with a resistance band).  No walk for Tucker and I as it's raining, but Wes did get him out walking earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment