Friday, November 4, 2011

I think Maddie had a fun birthday.  Wes and Tom basically toilet papered the den with blue and pink crepe paper and blew up four large punching bag balloons and made a huge birthday sign.  The room looked really festive!  Maddie decided that school on her birthday was a no-no(since her brothers are out of school on their birthdays in May and June) so I let everyone spend time reading in the morning. After a breakfast of a family birthday tradition, of course:  Monkey Bread!


About 1pm we met my inlaws (including my sister-in-law) at Cracker Barrel for lunch in Cartersville.  We had lunch together and Maddie opened some presents, enjoyed cup cakes, and even got free ice cream and a chocolate brownie.


After that, we came home in the pouring rain and kicked back in the evening. Maddie wanted pizza for dinner, so she got it~oh to be a kid and eat cake, pizza, etc. all day and not be sick.  Then she played a card game with her brothers and watched a bit of a movie of her choice.


Today we had co-op and then I got a chance to walk Tucker for a mile before running some errands for Tom.  I'm looking forward to a warm bath and spending time reading my current book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment