Sunday, June 19, 2011

Today I was honored to hear my children tell their father why they loved him.  For his humor and quick wit; his commitment to spend time with each one of them; his ability to gently poke fun at his own shortcomings, acknowledging that he isn't perfect.  I love seeing him grow and change, pray for and over my children, extend patience and grace to them.  I am truly blessed.


I also have a wonderful father myself.  One of my favorite stories to tell is of the little cards he would send me through the mail when I was in college.  He didn't write a lot but what the cards said was invariably profound:  "I'm proud of you."  Like my heavenly Father, he knew my faults, frailties and sins all too well.  Yet he looked beyond them and never forgot to tell me he loved me and was proud of me.


I pray you know your heavenly Father is proud of you.  Regardless of what your earthly father was like, your Father God stands ready to extend his arms, take you in, and whisper in your ear, "Child, I love you.  I'm proud of you.  And, I gave my Son for you."  


Thanks Dad, thanks Tom, for the glimpses of eternity I've been privileged to see in you.


Saturday's workout:  Ellen Barrett Barefoot Cardio.  A lovely mix of light cardio, toning and stretching that leaves you feeling so good.


What I'm watching:  Agatha Christie's Mysterious Affair at Styles.  I rented it from Netflix as it's the first book written by Agatha Christie and the first Poirot movie by David Suchet as Poirot Hugh Fraser as Captain Hastings.  It followed the book closely and was a really fun movie to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment