Monday, June 20, 2011

Today felt like a normal day for the first time in a while.  Tom was at work and all three children were home with me.  It's short lived as Tom, Wes, and Mary Madison are leaving Thursday morning through Sunday night for a mission trip to Ft. Payne, Alabama.  The youth are going to participate in relief clean-up and building from damage still lingering from the tornadoes that occurred this spring.  I'm praying they have a wonderful, Spirit-filled trip!


Today we spent some time doing laundry, cleaning, etc.  We also took some time to read and just simply hang out. I got online and had the kids take a learning style test and there were no surprises.  Wes is evenly split between auditory and visual; Maddie is a strong, strong auditory learner; Tyler and I are visual, although Ty and Wes have some kinesthetic tendencies as well.


Tonight I'm looking forward to slipping off alone to get a diet coke, reading a bit alone, and just soaking in some time praying for my family.  I pray you find some time to be alone and enjoy yourself today as well.


Today's workout:  Ramping Super Cardio (25 minutes); Erin O'Brien, Strong Body, Ageless Body (43 minutes)


What I'm reading:  Awakening Your Child's Natural Genius by Thomas Armstrong.  It's about using your child's gifts and learning styles to encourage them to love learning and to learn well.

No comments:

Post a Comment