Thursday, June 16, 2011

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry..." Robert Burns originally wrote it, John Steinbeck copied it, and last night it was a reality in the McElroy house.  Tyler's scout camp was cancelled due to storms in the area.  We didn't complain though, we needed the rain!  After the storm died down, Ty and I went to Cici's Pizza buffet for dinner and he had a BALL.  When we got home we played Mouse Trap (see, mice do come into the picture, lol) and then I watched Poirot and he watched Monster House.


Today I had to return an item to the mall so we walked around there for a bit.  Tyler played with some neighbors and then decided to take apart an old printer Tom left here for him to dissect.  There is an old karaoke machine he plans to tackle next.


Tomorrow evening, late Tom and Maddie will be home.  I'm just sorry they're going to miss Tyler's closing scout program~skits, songs, etc.  Should be fun.


What I'm reading:  The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, of course.  I always compare the Agatha books to the movies.  I didn't think this one was as bad as the reviews I read. But, I was expecting it to be awful so that is probably why I thought it was entertaining.




Today's workout:  Kelly Coffey-Meyer TLC Kickboxing, Kelly's Favorites mix.  I'm getting ready to throw the yoga mat on the floor and do some slow, restorative poses on my own before picking Ty up from camp at 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment