Thursday, October 20, 2011

Is there honestly ever a "good time" for your car to die?  Well, this morning I went out early to run an errand and my car was fine.  When I went to start it, it was acting like the battery was dying.  I called Tom to help me jump it and it STILL wouldn't start.  So, we left the car after talking to the people in the store (Burger King, lol~I'd gone there to get a cup of coffee and pray before my day started, thank goodness).  We spent the day describing the problem to our mechanic and various other people and got some ideas to try.


Tom, Wes and I went back this afternoon. Still no luck. But, we're blessed by some wonderful people there. The manager was knowledgeable about cars and helped us go through a myriad of checking fuses, cables, etc. The workers there felt sorry for us all and gave us free drinks. And, they even offered to have our car towed for free by AAA that one of the managers had. Or make that USED to have!


So, we got the battery out and Tom and Wes are taking it to Walmart to be tested. Is it the starter? battery? alternator? or does the thing need to be re-programmed(a security light eventually came on)?  Stay tuned to hear further updates.


Meantime,  Ty has a friend here until 6pm and then has soccer and we have co-op in the morning and Tom has tennis in the morning with his league. I sure am grateful for my two cars that God has provided because it makes things crazy when you only have one.


Oh and yes~my children were great and did schoolwork and chores while Mom was gone MUCH longer than intended.


Today's workout:  I walked the dog with Wes and then did Firm Cardio Gloves Workout(20 minutes of cardio) and 20 minutes of yoga (AM Yoga for your Week, Forward Bends).

No comments:

Post a Comment