Saturday, August 21, 2010

Today my Tom and the boys are still camping and skiing. Maddie, my daughter, has a chance to eat out with friends and go to a museum. So, what did I decide to do with that delicious time alone? Clean my 10 year old son's room. Ugh, that was a task long overdue! For some reason cleaning windowsills and baseboards are not high on his list and he has no idea why I insist it be done every so often. So, I spent an hour and a half doing laundry, cleaning his room deeply, rearranging, etc.

After that was done I decided to reward myself....with a workout! I got on the Firm Wave and Rocked it Out with Alison. I really like the workout~intervals of cardio and weight training incorporating core and balance throughout.

Somehow, I always enjoy my reading time after I've tackled a large task like that. And believe me, I'm not Martha Stewart~I should have lableled the blog the trials and tribulations of the domestically challenged. Yet thorugh it all, I felt God's pleasure. I wasn't doing anything amazing, or intellectually challenging. But I was serving, moving, living. And God was there.

Today's workout:
Firm Wave, Rock it Off
Firm Wave, Ride the Wave Tutorial

What I'm reading:
Percy Jackson and The Titan's Curse

No comments:

Post a Comment