Friday, August 27, 2010

I love, love, love Fridays. My husband is off work~sort of, today he went in to the office for a bit. I also get some time off on Friday mornings. I got up early and walked Rocky and then ate breakfast alone and ran errands. It doesn't sound that exciting but to a mom with kids at home all the time it can be pure therapy!

The kids spent time working on some tough spelling assignments, that were also fun, and writing. I love reading what they write as it gives me a wonderful insight into their minds.

Tom and I went to lunch together and worked through the next month on our calendar~can you believe it's almost September????? We are planning a "Not Back To School" camp out with the kids for a couple of days next month, it should be really fun.

Now that the chores are done, we're all relaxing a bit before going to a Home school Pool Party. The kids are looking forward to cooling off and catching up with some of their buddies that they've not seen much over the summer. I'm looking forward to a night off from dishes!!! And, some good conversation with other believers.

No matter what the day holds, there are always things to look forward to, times of relaxation, rest, adventure, and joy with the Father. May all of these be yours in abundance this weekend.

Today's Workout:
The Firm Wave Speed Slimming Sculpt
Now I'm on a mini rest rotation before my cardio-intensive month kicks in next Wednesday.

What I'm reading: The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson)
Re-reading the original Twilight

No comments:

Post a Comment