Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The past two days have been a blur. We've been working on math projects, reading a ton, etc. Yesterday Wes felt bad from his bee sting~he'd taken Benadryl the night before and it was still making him groggy. Plus, his had was really swollen and itchy. So, we did a lot of reading and curled up on the sofas and watched some documentary on Thomas Jefferson and a science show on space probes. It was kind of overcast and a bit rainy so it was a perfect day for that. Sometimes I think those things are cop-out learning but then find the kids bringing up things they've thought about days, weeks, or months later that pertain to the show. I used to try to make a complete lesson plan for everything we watched like that, but now am trying to see what THEY come up with and think about~it's lots of fun to see how differently the kids process things, how different their passions are.

Today we had family pictures made for our church directory, and got some nice pictures for our parents and Tom's sister for Christmas. It feels good to have that done, except for buying some nice frames for them!!

I'm in the midst of trying to make some decisions about where God wants me to direct my talents right now. I have many dreams for my home, family, and church ministries and don't know where to channel my energy. I can't wait to see which adventures God's getting ready to lead me on!

Yesterday's workout: Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown, Level 1
Today's Workout: Firm Express Total Body Shaping(am); Karen Voight Yoga Focus (pm) And, of course, walking that crazy mutt a mile or more each morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment