Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Don't you just love those days when you hit a home run? Last night I had to run to the library with Wes and Maddie, my oldest two while my husband took Ty to Scouts. While I was picking up a book on hold (Mathematics, A Human Endeavor by Harold Jacobs, which is fabulous) I saw a book I had to check out for Tyler. It was comics about Greek Mythology, two of his favorite things. He LOVED reading it and has already finished.

Today we played around with math a lot. The kids worked in their respective texts and books and then we used the Jacobs book. We were graphing the paths that billiard balls would take when hit at 45 degree angles to see where the ball would end, varying the length and width of the table. We made some really neat discoveries through doing all of this. We also spent time reading and doing some math and science work in the computer. Tyler continues to love writing his book, which I "think" is modeled after adventure stories like Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

Our air conditioning has been acting up and wouldn't you know the guy showed up when I was in the middle of exercise? After showing him the controls and unit, I was able to continue~and the good news is that I think it was an inexpensive fix. We then ran out and got the boys' haircuts before rushing back to pick up the pizza for dinner~thank goodness for pizza night (and a really good Caesar Salad and green beans I threw together to go with it).

One of the best parts of my day was walking Rocky, our large mixed breed part-Dalmatian, part who-knows-what dog. When I went outdoors it was 65 degrees! It's been 77 for the low overnight for so long that it was so cool and wonderful. And I also had time to sip a cup of coffee alone and spend time reading my Bible and being with the Father.

It may seem like just an ordinary day, but we laughed a lot, learned a lot, loved a lot, and got to know one another and the Father better. Thanks, God, for the ordinary moments in our lives.

Today's workout: The Firm Dangerous Curves Ahead with Alison McClain-Davis. This one uses a sculpting loop to work the lower body and abs that reminds me a bit of the standing sequences in Brazil Butt Lift's High and Tight. Nice workout to cross train with and the high impact cardio is fun, fun, fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment