Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today has been a golden day, thus my choice of colors, lol. When I got up this morning my youngest, Ty, got up with me and we walked the dog together for about a mile and a half. Well, he actually skateboarded part of the time and walked with me part of the time. Rocky loved having two people to hang with him and pet him!

The kids and I then spent time on some math and science projects. We ended up watching a documentary we'd DVR'd from the History Channel on Icelandic volcanoes and it was really interesting. We had some good discussions on volcanoes and plate tectonics. And, after I finished my workout, the A/C man was here telling me he'd gotten the unit completely fixed so it should work now, yippee!

The neatest thing is that the kids have been helping me around the house without being asked. Wes deep cleaned his room, Ty cleaned out the car and fed the animals without being asked, and Maddie is deep cleaning her room as we speak.

Since Wes spent that time this afternoon doing that, he asked if I'd run him to Long John Silver's to get an Ice Flow, which is a frozen lemonade type drink. He had a coupon for a free one. Maddie stayed here cleaning but when I ordered an Ice Flow for Tyler, they gave me two by accident and told me to keep it~so my Mary Maddie got one too. She said it will help her power through the rest of her cleaning!!

I love when God gives you little gifts like that. The kids are kids, not perfect, fallen much like me. But days like this when I get glimpses that they are maturing can keep me going during those times when they seem to be going backwards. Kind of like a free treat from a local restaurant can make your whole day. The simple things, still miracles, always gifts of grace from a God who loves to give. May we always be looking for them throughout our day!!

Today's Workout: Firm Wave Rock it Off Cardio Express (repeating cardio twice) followed by abs and stretch; Firm Wave Express Abs

What I'm reading: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5, The Last Olympian. This is the last one in the series, then I'll have to find something else to get absorbed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment