Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It seems like each time I get comfortable with my blog and how things work, I get a notice that they've updated it for ease of use and then I have to learn things all over again.  Well, I guess it's good for my aging brain.


Last night Wes disappeared into his room for over an hour.  I decided he was vegging out playing Xbox when he came into the den asking me to come outside to check something out. He'd found a telescope that Tom picked up several years ago at a Thrift store and had been playing around with it.  He'd gotten it put together without any instructions and had found a cool, blue disc in the sky.  We didn't have the stand for it to sit on so all three kids and I were taking turns lying on the ground looking through the lens.  It's not the most powerful thing, but it was still very cool.  I love it when my kids surprise me and are learning after typical "school hours".


Today we did some normal school things after the plumbers left (yippee, an easy and inexpensive fix, praise the Lord).  We also decided to get on a kid's internet site for the White House.  We all looked at "First Pets" of various Presidents and the unanimous decision was the Socks, Bill Clinton's cat, won the cuteness award while Lyndon Johnson's two beagles named Him and Her got the most creative award~for being so totally uncreative, LOL!  


Wes put together a presentation on the history of voting in the country that was interesting and we discussed it at dinner.


Maddie, Ty and I headed out to piano this afternoon and then had to stop by Flower's bakery for some bread.  The best news of the day was coming home at 4:30 to chicken all ready in the crockpot, knowing that I just had to cook some veggies and rice to have a meal on the table.


Today's workout:  Denise Austin's Shrink Your Fat Zones Pilates, Upper Body; Molly Fox Skinny Jeans Conditioning Workout with Weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment