Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Something wonderful happened today.  I was able to walk Tucker for almost 2 miles.  We had a lovely 20 minutes outdoors around 8 pm and it didn't hurt my hip at all.  As long as I don't move certain ways, etc. I wouldn't know it had been a problem all last week. With some more gentle exercise and laying off cardio for a week I think things will continue to improve.


Today I had to take Tucker to the vet for his final shots until next year.  In true Tucker form, he charmed the vet and all the patrons and workers he met there!!  By the time I got home Maddie and I made a grocery list and went shopping~as well as card shopping for Tom's birthday~so again, regular school was all that we got done.  We're really missing doing some fun stuff so we're planning on looking at different genres of literature tomorrow and creating some fun math games online.


Today's workout:  Erin O'Brien, PNR (same as yesterday) but I did Progression 2 (15 minutes); Denise Austin Hot Body Yoga (awful name, wonderful 30 minute practice focusing on strength and balance poses.  I worked up a bit of a sweat and got my heart rate a bit elevated).  And, of course, tonight's dog walk.


What I'm reading.  The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller. (http://www.amazon.com/Prodigal-God-Timothy-Keller/dp/1594484023/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314148958&sr=8-1 )    Our Sunday School is reading this.  It talks a lot about the older son who was angry with his father for throwing the party for the younger son and how our "religion" and works can actually be a way to manipulate and control God, thus keeping us from his love.  Very thought-provoking read.  


I've also been working through the book Food, Fitness, and Faith for Women.  Excellent little book broken into 21 daily readings.  The thrust is that how we treat our bodies, the temple of the Holy Spirit, is a reflection of our love for and obedience to the Father.  Again, thought provoking read.  (http://www.amazon.com/Food-Fitness-Faith-Women-Journey/dp/1605871664/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314149125&sr=1-1)

No comments:

Post a Comment