Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Okay, here's today's random cuteness!  Tucker totally thinks Tyler is his chew toy.  Of course, we can't convince Tyler that rolling on the floor and attacking Tucker is encouraging this behavior.


We have a leak in our bathroom pipes (the bathroom the kids use) and have spent part of two days waiting for a plumber who has gotten caught up in more pressing matters, lol.  They let us know this afternoon that they should be here in the morning.  So, the kids and I decided to take off for the afternoon and get out of the house~we felt like we'd been handed a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.


We went to Barnes and Noble and spent time looking at books, DVDs, and magazines.  Then we ran by Kmart where the boys examined the latest Xbox and Nintendo DS games while Maddie and I checked out the latest makeup!  Finally we headed to Steak and Shake for Happy Hour and some half-priced sodas.  There is nothing I like better than a diet coke from the fountain with cherry flavoring in it, yummmmmm.........


Tom has a meeting out of town so we have nothing on our agendas other than cleaning out the fridge for dinner and walking Tucker when it cools off.  I'm looking forward to a night of relaxation~and maybe control of the remote since Tom is gone, lol.  


I'm grateful to God for the privilege of rhythm in my life~rest, work, laughter, tears...it all points me toward Him.  The older I get the more I see my own sin and am reduced to repeating this phrase over and over:  "Oh Lord, you are SO good to me."


Today's workout:  Petra Kolber BREATHE. This was my first cardio workout since the hip bursitis and I chose it because it can even be done barefoot!  It's an old workout of mine that is moderate cardio based on yoga, tai chi, and dance.  Tonight I'll walk the dog and then do a yoga workout, probably Element Yoga for Stress Relief and Flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment