Thursday, August 11, 2011

Okay, small rant coming.  I try to be grateful and not complain because, by nature, I am a complainer.  A glass half-empty kind of gal.  So I am trying to fight that.  BUT, I'm frankly sick of the weather being so dark and foreboding a great part of each day this week, very humid, and not raining.  Sigh.


Okay, if that is my greatest complaint at the moment I'm truly blessed.


Today we did some work on stars and black holes for science. Each of the children looked up information and wrote a report.  Tyler has some glow in the dark stars he put on the wall of his room and he explained how he made various constellations with them.  Wes and Ty played some matching games and learned about 17 different constellations.  We all confessed we would never have gotten a bear, etc. out of the star patterns if it had been left up to us.


The cool thing we found was a site that showed what the night sky at various latitudes look like this time of the year~very interesting to try to find the constellations that way.


We also read about Samuel Champlain's settlement of New France in Quebec and studied paragraph writing(particularly topic sentences and supporting sentences) and writing in active versus passive tense.  All this in addition to our "regular" seat work.  It's always amazing to me what you can get done with three children in a concentrated amount of time!


Okay, God totally has a sense of humor.  I just looked out the window and guess what~it's raining, LOL. God, you are truly so good to me.


Today's workout:  Cardio!  I'm trying to increase my endurance and aerobic capacity doing about 45 minutes of cardio three times a week. Today I did about 15 minutes of medicine ball cardio and 30 minutes of Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment