Monday, January 31, 2011

I had a lovely weekend.  It was near 70 the last few days with plenty of sunshine.  On Saturday Tom, Wes, and Tyler went south of Atlanta for my BIL's annual birthday bash~4 wheelers, etc. Maddie and I went to the mall and got a Christmas gift that didn't fit exchanged, went to Barnes and Noble (she had a gift card) and out for coffee together.  I then took a nap and watched the Cats beat the Dawgs.  So, Tom and I split in basketball this year!!!


Yesterday was a long but nice day at church.  We enjoyed the last of the great weather as the rain has moved in today, and colder temps.  It was lovely while it lasted!


Today we hit grammar hard.  I had the kids write a paragraph from their history texts.  Then they underlined each word with a different colored pencil according to the parts of speech.  For example nouns were blue, verbs were red, etc.  They seemed to have the most difficult time identifying prepositions so we're going to work further on that.  They also spent time on regular work and we did lots of cleaning today~basement stairs, oven, sweeping and spot cleaning floors, laundry, etc.


The boys both have scouts tonight and Maddie and I get to chill.  Looking forward to a nice night in, listening to the rain pattering on the roof. Well, it will be nice if I can keep Rocky and his 60 pound frame from trying to sit on my lap in my favorite chair!  And yes, he did get a walk in today in between rain showers!!


Workouts:  I'm going to take things down a notch for February. I can be an intensity junkie and I find that changing things up really helps keep my muscles working better~that whole "muscle confusion" concept. So, I'm using Powerfit workouts with Stephanie Huckabee.  They use a resistance band in place of weights, and each one is 20 minutes.  It is going to make for a nice change of pace!


Friday's workout:  Dog Walk; Powerfit Chest, Triceps and Glutes (this had the most floorwork, lol).
Saturday's workout:  Powerfit Harmony Move it (Cardio); Powerfit Legs and Shoulders


Yesterday's workout:  Rest day


Today's Workout:  Powerfit Harmony Speed Burn (cardio); Powerfit Harmony Strong Push (glutes, outer thighs, triceps and chest).

No comments:

Post a Comment