Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's definitely time to get back into the routine.  We started school this week and are getting used to the routine.  Actually, it's always nice to get into a routine again!


I thought we started school on Monday but the kids found out we didn't through friends texting them, etc. So, I made them work!  We took down the tree, cleaned the house, etc.  I bet they wished they were doing math work!


We really didn't do anything too exciting this week. Math and other work in our workbooks and reading our history, etc.  Now that we're back in the groove, next week we can add in some fun things.


What I'm reading:  Agatha Christie's Hickory, Dickory Death.  She's my favorite and a lot of her novels I read at least once a year.


What workouts I'm doing:  The Firm Express set! I got this for Christmas with money my MIL and FIL gave me.  Each workout is 20 minutes and includes a warmup, cooldown/stretch, and short abs along with 4 cycles of work and bursts.  There are Four Cycles, each including Cardio and Sculpt, Cardio or Sculpt.  The bursts are 8 seconds of anaerobic drills, 12 seconds of recovery, repeated 4 time.  I'm following an advanced rotation for the workouts from the Firm's site and have been sleepy and tired this week!  The workouts have a lot of impact too, so I got my anti-fatigue mats out so I can jump around and my flat feet and shins don't complain.  Now that I'm nearing the end of my first week, I really like the routines.  Here's what I've done this week.


Monday~Cycle 1 and Cycle 3 Sculpting workouts
Tuesday~Cycle 2 and Cycle 4 Cardio plus a 10 minute abs add-on from the set
Wednesday~Cycle 1 Cardio plus Sculpt and Cycle 3 Cardio plus Sculpt
Thursday~rest; stretching and dog walk only
Friday~Cycle 1 and 3 Cardio and abs add-on
Saturday~Cycle 4 Sculpt and Cycle 2 Cardio plus Sculpt


If you've not figured out, my favorite things are reading and exercise. They feed my mind, body and spirit. I find that if I'm well physically then I'm better emotionally and thus spiritually.


As far as my devotional reading for the new year, I'm reading through my Bible in a year, as usual, and looking for a 12 month study on prayer I bought in the fall.  I put it in a safe place to use this year and cannot for the life of me find it.  That drives me crazy when it happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment