Thursday, January 13, 2011

Today the schools were out again. But, it really hasn't been a problem for my kids as the neighborhood kids that are homeschooled are ALSO having school.  And, Wes' friend Alex, sleeps in until noon anyway, lol.


Wes studied his Algebra with me today. We looked at circles, fractions, etc.  As we were calculating radius I told him the old corny joke Gramps told me about "Everybody knows Pie are round, Cake are square."  He loved it.


Ty's math had him running around the house with a ruler, measuring and converting measurements.  Maddie is between math texts and we're starting a free online program ALEX next week (well, we've gotten three months free as a trial) so she studied India in her geography book. We also decided cleaning was important and did laundry (the machine was broken from last Saturday until today) and mopped the floors.


I also found out Amazon takes trade-ins for old DVDs.  I had a box of old workouts I was going to give away~I've been exercising to them at home a long time and have many workouts I've been given, bought cheaply, etc. that I just don't do.  Most are only worth .50 or so, but some a few dollars.  Well, I ended up with a $73.75 Amazon gift card~and they pay to ship the DVDs in too!  Wes turned in 4 older Nintendo DS games, the prices being much better than at Game Stop, and has a $30 card.  So, that was a nice suprise to the day.


For some reason, this is running through my head as I type so I'll just say it:  Bless the Lord, o my soul, and all that is within me Bless his Holy name!


Today's Workout:  Firm Express Cardio + Sculpt, Cycle 2; Sculpt, Cycle 3.  Tomorrow is a rest day and I need it since I have a dental appointment for a cavity to be filled.  Not much fun to workout with a numb mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment