Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Another day with snow on the ground.  Because of the icy mix on top of the snow, and cold temperatures, the snow in the yards is just hard, packed ice. The dogs are so funny when they go to the bathroom in the yard, they slide all around.  Well, I guess they don't think it's funny.


Today the kids finished up their writing assignments and worked in their books on vocabulary and spelling.  Maddie wants to learn to skate and Wes wants to learn more about Ancient Asia.  These are pretty typical of my older two.  Wes is a history and sports buff and Maddie likes sewing, art, and winter sports!


When I walked the dog this morning it was 9am and 21 degrees.  I watched Rocky trying, repeatedly, to walk on icy snow without falling. Then he would come to the road and be fine.  But, the lure of the snow had him back again, slipping and sliding.  It reminds me of certain sins and issues that seem to crop up, over and over for me.  So, I'm asking the Father to keep me "on a short leash."  I am asking for his reminders that his way is perfect, and protection and safety lie there.


Because I sure don't want to end up being broken, when I can walk in safety, do you?


Today's workout:  Firm Express Cardio:  Cycle 1 and 4; Shortcut to Flat Abs


What I'm reading:  Agatha Christie's Secret of Chimneys.  I meant to read this last fall after seeing a terrible version of it on PBS and got distracted with other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment