Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I often wonder when things will slow down. I thought that moving to a smaller town meant that would happen. Actually, things have picked up.  I guess that's good because the kids are learning so many things by being in relationships, volunteering, participating in classes and sports, etc.  

After running to the post office, I had to take Maddie to basketball. The good news is that Tom agreed to pick her up so I could come home and start dinner.  I had a deep "hankerin'", as they say here in the south, for something made with pumpkin. I found a wonderful gluten-free recipe for the crock pot and stopped by the store to pick up the three items I didn't have for that. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Another great event taking place in the McElroy home these days is the Annual Baseball Play-Offs Snack Fest.  We really only watch some baseball during October and when that starts we have a traditional treat. We don't buy it at any other time of year and no, it's not autumnal at all. It's Wheat Thins and Pimento Cheese. Why? I have no idea. But when October hits, the kids bring it up and put both things on the shopping list. 

So, what traditions do you have in your home, be they large or small?  Celebrate them and give thanks to the Father for his goodness.  I'm grateful for the big things and the small ones~like some pimento cheese on a Wheat Thin cracker.

Workout:  Jessica Smith Cardio Blast; WHFN Floor Burn. My Meta is wonky so for the last Level 9 I'm substituting in other floor type workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment