Sunday, July 8, 2012

I'm back!  We've moved, had family and friends over, unpacked boxes, sweated, cried, laughed, set up home in a new place, continued to do math lessons, found the library, jumped on the trampoline left in the back yard for the kids, made some new friends, and finally returned to exercising this week.  All in all, we've been blessed beyond measure. 


Looking forward to sharing more with you as the days settle down.


Exercise:  I've been walking Tucker a mile in the morning.  I've also gone back to using my Powerfit Harmony workouts that use the band or tubing for strength training this week.  Here's what's gone on so far:


Thursday~Powerfit Harmony:  Strong Push; Cardio Move It


Friday~Powerfit Harmony:  Strong Pull;  Cardio Power Up


Saturday~Powerfit Plus:  Total Body Express and Cardio Kick


I really love my Tracy Anderson experiment BUT have had a hard time making myself go back~it's just darn hard.  I think I'll do a modified version throwing in some Tracey Mallett, Stephanie Huckabee, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett and dance workouts and see how that goes for the rest of the month.


Something like this????  
Monday~TA Meta; Cardio; Dog Walk
Tuesday~TA Meta; Cardio; Powerfit Strength 
Wednesday~Tracey Mallett; Dog Walk
Thursday~TA Meta; Cardio; Dog Walk
Friday~TA Meta; Cardio; Powerfit Strength
Saturday~Ellen Barrett; Dog Walk


The two days a week I don't have Dog Walk listed I'm going to have the kids walk Tucker.  I enjoy it but they need to start walking him again and this will give them a routine to get into of doing that for me.


What I've been reading:  Comfort food: Agatha Christie, of course.  I've read Sad Cypress,  Evil Under the Sun,  and am now reading Death on the Nile.  I read her stuff over, and over, and over, and...you get the point. ;)  I've also finished reading Homeschooling the Teen Years by Cafi Cohen and am now reading Things We Wish We'd Known (homeschooling book) edited by Bill and Diana Waring.


School:  I'm planning some things for the coming year.  I think we'll start the year doing a Unit Study on the Appalachian Trail.  We live so close to it that we can actually end the study with hiking part of it!  And, the AT is celebrating it's 75th anniversary in August.  We'll study history, geography, Bible, literature, composition, science, and spelling/vocabulary, along with crafts and art.  Math will be done separately.



No comments:

Post a Comment