Wednesday, December 7, 2011


Tom surprised me with an email early this morning asking me to go run a couple of errands with him and have lunch together.  Guess where we went?  Yep, a family favorite Chick-Fil-A.  The kids were not happy to be left behind but we had a great time talking together.


Tom got up early this morning as usual~about 5:30.  By 5:50 I realized I wasn't going back to sleep so I got up, let the dogs go outside, and did my workout.  By 9am I'd done my workout, fed and walked the dogs a bit, had breakfast and my  shower, and gone to Panera Bread for coffee and Bible Study while the kids got showers.  That makes for a great day~too bad I'm not more of a morning person who can do that daily.


Wes and I spent time going through Painless Algebra again with Tyler joining in for part of the lessons. He feels so proud of himself that he can do part of Wes'  lessons with us.  We also did some writing, grammar, and watched an episode of The Universe.  


The temperature has dropped dramatically and I'm not looking forward to leaving my warm house to go to church but love the fellowship so much~and not having to cook!  


I've been studying Ephesians 2 and was reading today about how Jesus reconciled Jews and Gentiles, making us into 1 people together. Right in the middle of this I witnessed the most tender scene.  An African-American woman in Panera was talking to a manager there, who is Caucasian.  He was holding her beautiful baby who was touching his face.  He tenderly kissed the baby on the cheek and handed him back to his momma, saying he was glad to see her back in the store.  I thought, "that's what it's like, Father. Neither Jew, nor Greek, male, nor female, slave, nor free, nor color should separate your people."  It reminded me that I can't WAIT to see people of all colors, languages, and nationalities in heaven together, praising the Father and feasting along side each other at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.  I will be eternally grateful for seeing this serendipity of life without barriers and boundaries.


And with that, I pray that many serendipities come your way this day.


Today's Workout:  10 MS Belly, Butt, and Thigh Blasters:  Strong and Slim Thighs; Belly Flab Blaster; Joanie Greggin's Holiday Workout

No comments:

Post a Comment