Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fun day here.  I got up early, got my workout and shower in and then it was off to breakfast with the kiddos and Tom. I decided to eat breakfast here because we had coupons to McDonalds and I don't love their breakfast food.  Since I'm trying to watch my cholesterol if I don't love it I'm not eating it.  (P.S.  Not THE most healthy breakfast for me but it sure was tasty~I ate a small piece of homemade banana bread with natural peanut butter and a small piece of fruit).


After Tom left us to go to work, I pulled out my Bible study materials and gave the kids their writing assignments. They had to fill once side of the page with writing without stopping~and didn't have to share it with anyone. It's just a good way to get creative juices flowing. Then we did two more "normal" type activities:  Using Christmas as an acronym and seeing how many words they could spell from Christmas. Even my teens have fun competing, er, working together on this one!


When we got home we had Bible Study and read from A Christmas Carol, which we'll finish tomorrow. Right now Tyler and I are getting ready to sort some clothing out in his room~yep, I can't wait.  Oh~and I ran out about an hour ago and finished stocking purchases for the kids, making my Christmas purchases officially done. (I bet not.  It seems like there's always something that comes up!)  


Tomorrow is our last day of school before the break and Tom and I have a Christmas Party with a Sunday School class to attend. We're looking forward to sleeping in, making cookies, wrapping gifts, and hanging out next week.


Today's workout:  Joanie Greggins' Holiday Workout; AMYFYW, Forward Bends (with Tucker licking my face in savasana, or relaxation pose)!

No comments:

Post a Comment