Friday, December 2, 2011

Today was just so nice.  I got up early and walked Penny a bit.  She absolutely loves the cold weather, silly old girl.  I got my Bible reading and studying done and spent a bit of time talking with a friend.  I got my workout in early while the kids were doing some regular work and then spent time with Wes going over Algebra and helping Tyler with multiplication.  They're definitely getting it and I'm seeing some really good improvement!


The kids did some cleaning in the afternoon and I scooted off for some "mom time."  I meandered around Big Lots without spending impulsively which is tough to do.  I bought only what I went there to get~they have the most FABULOUS, inexpensive, healthy almond, cranberry, raisin, and dark chocolate trail mix I've ever found.  No sodium, 150 calories per 1/4 cup and 5 fat grams.  I eat 1/4 cup plus half a piece of fruit most afternoons for a snack.  


Okay, I'm sure that wasn't interesting, lol.  Then I went by my favorite Thrift store and wandered and found nothing I needed.  Finally I brought home the kids' Friday treat:  Little Caesar's $5 pizza.  


About 4:30 Tucker and I went for a walk for a mile. It was cooling off a bit, people were out in their yards, and Tucker had a ball seeing all the people and pups.  I am really starting to enjoy my walks with him lately~it's just such a great way to unwind and relax.


Wes has a scout trip overnight tomorrow and Maddie and I will probably go do something~she's been asking to spend a bit of time with momma.  And that is something to feel GREAT about.  Thank you Father that my children still enjoy being around their Dad and me.  You are so good to me.


Today's workout:  The Firm Pump, Jump, and Jab (intervals of compound weights and cardio); YZ Yoga for a Strong and Healthy Back, practice 2; Doggie Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment