Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I've had the best time lately posting pictures of the LSU Tiger Stadium on Wes' Facebook page for the countdown to the beginning of College Football Season.  I swear, I can almost hear Wes whistling, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."  

Okay, all kidding aside, we're very excited about the beginning of football season.  And Fall.  And, the having an extra long weekend!!

Today Maddie and I went over some of her Algebra together and the kids did a writing assignment on a typical August afternoon. They could not use the words, hot, humid, sun, or heat.  I can't wait to read what they came up with. Unlike most of the nation, here the words "muggy, rainy, and soggy" would be appropriate!

Tried a new crock pot recipe for meatloaf and it was a huge success so that was fun. We've also tried to be more intentional about spending time at the table talking, reading fun devotionals, discussing a subject picked out before hand, etc.  I think the kids even like that!

I've also stared getting the kids up early one day a week to walk the dog with me. Wes got up today and walked Tucker with me and I had to bribe him with one of the homemade cookies Maddie made last night AND take him out to breakfast. Wonder what the others will say when it's their turn?

Since it rained most of the day starting around noon, we curled up on the sofa after school to watch the new episode of Grimm. I've decided we have odd tastes in shows, because Grimm and Once Upon A Time are our favorites.

Today's workout:  1.5 mile dog walk with Tucker and a reluctant Wes; 10 MS Yoga for Beginners, 10 Minute stretching segment; Tracy Anderson Meta Ab Level 7 Day 1; Firm Express Cardio Cycle 4 for interval cardio work for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment