Monday, March 26, 2012

WooHoo!  Great birthday weekend.  UK won on Friday and Sunday, sending the team to the Final Four next weekend in New Orleans.  I had a lovely lunch on Sunday at my favorite Mexican restaurant and Tom bought me a fabulous cake from Honeymoon Bakery.  It was Red Velvet and to die for.  I sure hope the kids eat it up so I'm not tempted to eat another slice (okay, I did take a bite today, lol).


We spent the day dealing with life. I ended up talking to Tom later than I intended this morning and got out to study God's word a bit late.  I had to go by the grocery and then came home to get going with the kids on some work.  I did squeeze in a workout and shower and then Wes came to tell me the toilet overflowed.  It ran down an air vent so he and Tom had a nasty clean up down in the basement, ugh.


After I got Wes' Algebra discussed and he was working, I saw the neighbors' dog was out. So, I grabbed Tucker and we went for a walk.  Gus saw us and came running, as I knew he would, and the neighbor was able to corral the dog.  I then came home and finished off Ty's history lesson with him while Tom and Wes ate lunch after that nasty job.


After all of this, I bought Wes a sweet tea at McDonald's since he did some nasty work, came home and got dinner ready for Tom and Tyler to take with them to the soccer field, and then decided to blog and breathe!!  In a bit I'll take Wes to scouts across town and then come home for good since Tom will pick him up after he and Ty are done with scouts.


I'm grateful most days aren't this crazy BUT I just love how God is there in the midst of the unexpected, aren't you?


Oh, and p.s.  Because of all of this, Maddie and I didn't get Algebra started until about 4:30.  I'm certainly glad most days of school work don't drag on like this. ;)


Friday's workout:  Denise Austin's Body Burn with Dance and Pilates; standing pilates and mat pilates; Tucker walk


Saturday's workout:  Kathy Smith's Peel off the Pounds Pilates (cardio, upper and lower body pilates); Tucker walk


Monday's workout:  Denise Austin's Body Burn with Dance and Pilates, Cardio Dance; Powerfit Harmony Upper Body Blast, using free weights and a band together; Tucker walk.


What I'm reading:  I've not been reading much, to be honest.  I am reading C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity with my Sunday School class.  Lewis is a wonderful apologist but his stuff is heady reading for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment