Friday, March 16, 2012

I wish you could see me doing my happy dance.  I'm so, so glad the weekend is here.


We had our first co-op after a two week break. Wes and Maddie have PE (Shorter actually lest us use Barron Stadium where they play football) and Skits/Improv together.  Then Maddie is taking Debate while Wes is in Foods/Show and Tell. It's funny that the youth wanted to do Show and Tell, lol.  Today they had to talk about their favorite toy as a child and bring a favorite food from childhood to share.  Next week they have to dress as a Super hero!


Tyler is finishing up his year of Astronomy.  He is also taking PE and Survival Skills.  


After all of that(I got up at 6am and exercised and then went out for my Bible Study with Wes before co-op at 9), I came home, ate lunch and CRASHED for a 30 minute nap. Then it was grocery shopping, dinner, and getting Wes off for a weekend Scout camping trip. Now I'm looking forward to more basketball and simply enjoying being home.  


One thing I've noticed is that when we get really busy, the fun things are the first things I drop with homeschooling.  We've been grinding it out with Algebra, Pre-Algebra and Math, and regular Science, History, etc.  But we've gotten away from fun projects. Next week I'm dedicating some time to do those things that make home learning unique and fun!


Workouts:  Thursday~Denise Austin Shape up and Shed Pounds (30 minutes of low impact; 20 minutes of stretching and body weight exercises)


Today~Ellen Barrett Tone Every Inch (30 minutes of resistance training using a resistance band and weights together and 5 minutes of light cardio as a warm up).

No comments:

Post a Comment