Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Luckily today was a little more "normal" than yesterday. Well, except for the fact that I woke up in the middle of the night and then couldn't get back to sleep for about an hour and a half.  And, then overslept for half an hour.  :)

After the usual morning routine, I got my workout and shower in and then spent time on Algebra and Pre-Algebra.  After that, the kids were allowed to "unschool" by looking into topics of interest~they love when I do that.

The Rome City Schools are out for the week on Spring Break so I've been letting Ty get up early and get his work finished so he can go down the street and hang out with his friend, Anna. Kind of funny to some people, but Anna is a total tomboy and loves Tyler and the two other boys on the street, Louie and Andre(who are visiting their dad in Canada for the week). They all love Legos, Beyblade, basketball, soccer, and running around playing tag outside~it's just so funny. :D

This afternoon Wes and I walked Tucker and just talked.  I tell you, one of the greatest blessings I have is kids who enjoy being with their mom.  I'm not always popular with them (and one even less so than the other two, lol~that strong-willed child shall remain unnamed to protect the innocent and not-so innocent;)). But, overall, they will spend time with their mom and even seem to enjoy it~although teasing me always figures into the equation at some point. :D

Mary Madison and I had eye exams at 4 and 4:30.  No change in my eyes and the opthamologist  is amazed that I can still read the smallest line of near vision at 47~highly unusual.  I told him I have to strain a bit and he showed it to me with plus 1 reading glasses. It made a difference in that I didn't have to strain.  So, no change in my contacts and I keep reading glasses on hand only for small print.  My Kindle Fire adjusts font size if necessary so that helps a lot too.

Mary Madison had gone from -4.24 to -5.5 in the last couple of years.  And, she's getting contacts.  She's a very pretty girl (I'm not biased) but looks stunning without her glasses.  Tom is trying to decide if he'll buy a gun or baseball bat to keep the boys at bay, LOL.

Tom and Wes cooked dinner since Maddie and I had late appointments and now we're all doing our own thing~which means the kids are outside until it gets dark and I'm getting ready to read.  

I pray your day was filled with laughter, work to do, people to love, and a place to curl up and rest.

Today's workout:  Balletone Center Moves (moderate cardio based on traditional ballet); Yoga Buns with Denise Austin(harder than it sounds and works that lower body well); doggie walk with Tucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment