Friday, February 10, 2012

Well, I guess our no-winter winter is taking a break. It's supposed to be COLD and WINDY tomorrow and the low tomorrow night is to be 20.  YIKES.  Wonder what it will do to all the things that have already bloomed here like this?


Thursday we did out normal cleaning day. However, going behind the children today I realize they've gotten lax and have started giving things a "lick and a promise."  We have our Winter Break on Monday and Tuesday and will do some better cleaning then.  


We got our work for the week done and had co-op today.  I taught the first of two Astronomy classes to the 4th through 6th graders on Jupiter. The funny thing is we were to do Hurricanes in a a bottle with soda bottles, duct tape, and washers.  At 9pm last night I realized I didn't have the washers.  So, I got up at 6, exercised, ate, got ready, and Wes and I went to Home Depot at 7:15 to get the washers and then have coffee/bagels at Panera Bread(read coffee and Bible time for mom; bagel time for Wes).  When I got to co-op and we did the experiment, the bottle with the washer produced a very modest hurricane.  We tried it without and the hurricane effect was much better.  I'm so glad I got up early to get those washers!  (Insert a roll eye face here).


Maddie is off at a sleepover with girls from the co-op and the boys and I are kicking back for the evening, staying warm.  I pray God is blessing you tonight with is love, compassion, and some good laughter.


Thursday's workout:  Lower impact cardio day, 30 minutes:  Petra Kolber Cardio for Beginners, 10 Minute Athletic Cardio; Desi Bartlett 3 in 1 Total Fitness, 20 minute cardio; 1 mile Dog walk.  I also went to a salon for a pampering~ shampoo and a haircut.


Today's workout:  Exercise TV Slim Down Fast Metabolism Boost with Jessica Smith.  It's basically intervals of cardio and weight training and hits it all in 20 minutes.  Perfect for time crunched days.  I also walked Tucker for a mile, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment