Thursday, December 2, 2010

What a fun, crazy day we had!  I got up to walk Rocky and it was 25 degrees, brrrr.  I can't complain after my friend Kel told me she had 19 inches of snow at her home in Buffalo!  Eek!! 


After the kids got their written work going, we did some fun math probability exercises.  We took some Hershey's Special Dark M and M type candies and divided them into colors.  We put 35 in a cup~20 of one color, 10 of another, 5 of the final.  We came up with the percentage of times that we should draw certain colors out.  Two times we did this 10 times and came pretty close.  We also discussed how the more times you do this the closer it would come to fitting into the probability tables.  Of course when we were done the candies disappeared into the childrens' mouths!


Wes, Tyler and I also watched a science program from History International while we ate lunch.  It was on prehistoric animals and was fascinating.  Did you know that there are scientists who study the respiratory systems of beetles and can tell you how they breath and how it determines how large they can become? 


After school and my workout, we ran an errand to pay for some fruit Maddie sold for her American Heritage Girl troop and then went to Petland to purchase a Crittertrail for Twinkie, the hamster we inherited.  It is so much fun to watch him running, crawling and climbing~a far cry from the little jar he'd lived in while a tiny thing.


I find myself being grateful for my children. They say the funniest things and simply bring me such joy and laughter. Today I'm particularly grateful that I've gotten to share this much of their lives with them.  God is truly good to me.


Today's workout:  30 Minutes to Fitness LIFT.  I did the Powersculpting workout and bonus core work from the Body Refiner section of the DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment