Friday, December 3, 2010

I got time alone today and it was wonderful.  I told the children what their assignments were and left them in the capable hands of their dad, who is off work on Friday.  I spent time reading my Bible, window shopping, and running a few errands all alone.  I talked to God in between errands, listened to Christmas music and, sometimes, just the sound of silence.  It was very renewing for me.

After that, I came home and the kids and I had lunch.  I rested for about 20 minutes and hit my workout while Tom was drilling the children on mopping the floor!  Don't I have the most wonderful husband ever?

Today I've been meditating on the knowledge that God will work in me the things that please Him.  Think about that.  All we have to do is surrender.  The rest is his job.  And he will do it. Doesn't that make you want to break out in praise?

Today I told the Father that my resolution for the coming year is to enjoy Him.  So often I think about serving him, pleasing him, crying out to him and a million other things but never just enjoying him. As a child in a Daddy's lap does.  This year, I'm praying for that experience to become as much a part of my life as breathing is.

What are you looking forward to during the coming year with YOUR Father?  Ask him and I know he will be willing to hear.  He is, after all, the perfect Father who gives us every good and perfect gift.

Today's workout:  Tonya Larson's Step Pump, step workout only; KCM 30 MTF Body Training, Hip Mix (ouchie floor work for the glutes, hips and abs)

What I'm reading:  31 Days of Praise by Ruth Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment