Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life seems to have gotten in the way of tons of school work!  But, I comfort myself with the fact that the kids in the public and private schools aren't doing much seat work this week either!

We have had a field trip to the Tellus Science Museum on Tuesday.  It was my MIL's birthday so we met them for lunch and then the trip.   I came home after lunch because Tyler has a cold and couldn't go. 

Yesterday we spent part of the day purchasing Angel Tree gifts.  I also did this on Sunday due to the fact that the kids told me about their angels at the last minute.  My mother says this is payback for all the times I said to her, "By the way, I need 24 cupcakes tomorrow" and it was 9pm!

Maddie and Wes wrote up reports on the things they liked the most at the science museum. They'll finish correcting and print them out today. We've also gotten in two good days of math work.  Monday when Tyler was really sick he watched a History Channel special on the History of Christmas and yesterday we watched a documentary on the Anasazi tribes of Southwest United States while we ate lunch.

There you have it. We've really neglected history and science in the more "formal" ways this week but I think we've done a good job getting them in.

Workouts:
Monday~Atletica (weight workout using kettlebell and kickboxing principles)

Tuesday~Joanie Greggins Holiday Workout (old, cheesy cardio and cardio with light weights, but has nice Christmas music to get you in the spirit)

Wednesday~Kelly Coffey Meyer Powerscultping and Body Refiner Abs

Thursday~Firm Zero in 10 Cardio Intervals; Firm Get Chisel'd Kick it Into Gear Cardio Add-on.  25 minutes, quick and sweaty!


What I've been watching:  Christmas movies and specials!  I tortured Wes on Sunday evening by making him watch Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney in White Christmas.  Last night church was cancelled due to an ice storm so we watched Disney's Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey doing the voices of Scrooge and a myriad of other people. Pretty good!

What I'm reading:  A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens.   When I'm done with that I'll read Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie and some short stories out of my Murder for Christmas anthology.  Kind of weird that I like to mix my love for good, clean murder/mystery literature with Christmas, but there it is, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment