Friday, August 9, 2013

Today I walked a mile and a half with Leslie Sansone and did a weight workout with Jessica Smith. Then I got the kids up to do chores while I showered. After that, Tyler and I went over the work he had to finish today and Mary Madison and I did a Geometry lesson together. I then took time to study my Bible and pray for a bit. 

When that was done, we were hungry for lunch and all wandered in there, making what seemed yummy at the time. Tyler teased me about my green smoothie while Wes declared it tasted like a dark chocolate shake, but with a bit less sugar. (It had mocha flavored almond milk, chocolate protein powder, chia seeds, a cup of frozen blueberries, and a cup and a half of spinach leaves).  

I went to my room to read and feel asleep. :o  It was only for about 15 minutes but I will confess it happens to me a lot. It's the price I pay for getting up early to exercise!  Then I went over lessons that the kids turned in I walked with Wes to get a hair cut.

Now all of this may seem a bit boring but I'm sometimes asked what a typical homeschool day looks like in our house so I thought I'd talk about today. You'll notice I didn't do much checking of Wes' work. He works online and we discuss things at the beginning, middle, and end of the week and he is pretty darn independent.  He did come and ask for my help with a couple of his Algebra 2 problems yesterday, and often breaks off to share some tidbit he's learning from a lesson that he finds interesting.  He's also my first kid up each morning and I never have to remind him to do his chores. The other two wait until I wake them, with Ty being the hardest to get going!  They both generally need 30 minutes of fun reading upon rising before they're ready to eat, do chores, talk, and start school. That's fine as it gives me time to check in with buddies on social media such as Facebook and Video Fitness, eat breakfast, and shower.

So, you've gotten a fascinating look at a day in the McElroy household. It's in the daily things that we do together, however, that memories are made. I wouldn't change a thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment