Monday, August 5, 2013




Just to end our summer, a totally random picture of Wes, Tyler, and some of their friends from our Youth Group being silly during their lake house retreat at the end of June.

I had to go to the dentist the morning at 8am to get my new crown set. After poking, prodding, flossing, pushing, shoving, and generally making my gum completely angry, my dentist realized it didn't completely fit. So, the dentist took another impression and off it went and my temporary went back on for at least two weeks. I don't want to have problems from an ill-fitting crown, but it was frustrating and made my gum sore.

But, such is life.  I've gotten my errands run, finished looking at some last minute details from school, gotten my workout in, and even had a short, 15 minute nap. Truly, God is good.

As I look back over our summer, I keep thinking of the word wet. We had more rain in July than any other July on record. Not the way I wanted our summer to end, but it gave us the chance to rest, read, talk, hang out, and dream.  Made me think of the lyrics to one of my favorite songs these days.  I pray they will bless you too.


Blessings
Laura Story
Chorus Only

'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights 
Are what it takes to know you're near?

And what if the trials of this life
Are your mercies in disguise?

No comments:

Post a Comment