Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Crazy busy weekend here!  Wes and Tom worked at a church work day all morning on Saturday. Tom and I got up early to hit Walmart before the work day to get a new printer during Georgia's tax free days sale. Wes' friend, Alexis, spent part of Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon with us too.

Yesterday Wes had football, Maddie went to the movie with a friend, and Alexis came over for dinner. Tonight Wes, Maddie, and another youth are at Alexis' softball game while Tom and Ty are working in the carport and back yard. It brings back memories of when I was in high school, running around with my friends and having fun. It also reminds me of the days when I had three children under the age of 5 and never had a moment to myself. Those days have flown by so fast and sometimes I miss them so much it feels like a physical ache.

But, God is good. I'm getting to see my children grow, spread wings, and become young men and women of God. That is certainly something worth celebrating.

This week I'm trying to take the time to think about and celebrate the fact that God is everything I will ever need. HE IS.  If you remember nothing else that I ramble about here, I pray you remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment