Monday, December 10, 2012

I've been thinking about our beagle, Penny, lately. She died at the end of July and was about 14.5 years old.  She had been through illnesses, a tornado, falls from a 10 foot porch, and other things that would have killed lesser beasts. This is her picture taken last Christmas.  I sure do miss her.  

She reminds me of how I want to pursue Jesus. She would be dead asleep but aware of my every move. When I left the room for any length of time, I'd hear her claws pattering after me. She'd find me and hang out, just to be near me. She was my girl.

I want to do the same with God~be so close I'm always where he is, following fast on his heels. Where he is, close to his heart, is my place.  

So thanks for the lessons, Penny.  And thanks for the memories,

On Saturday I got a chance to go see the play A Christmas Story with a friend from church. We had a BALL.  The funny thing is Tyler wanted to go so we got him a ticket. I told him he had to sit all alone with two unknown people and he didn't care as long as he got to see it~it's a favorite of his. It was fabulous and Ty loved all the kids his age in the show.

Today Wes and I went out for an end of semester review. We talked about his accomplishments and his goals for next semester.  We outlined how he should work on his Scarlet Letter paper.  And, we picked out some American lit books to read next year too.  Ty and Maddie will each go over the next two days.  We go to McDonald's and they have an Egg Nog shake, Holiday Mint McFlurry, etc. and just enjoy a rare treat.  Lots of fun.

Today's workout:  FINALLY!  Not a workout since last Monday. I did Firm Dangerous Curves Ahead as my light weight/body weight workout.  Added bonus was 25 minutes of cardio and some nice abs in the mix.

What I'm reading:  Book Three of the Missing Series:  Sabotaged.  In this installment, the kids are back in North Carolina trying to return the original Virginia Dare to Roanoke Colony. I've got to get done tonight because Ty's reading the books and is chomping at the bit to start this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment