Monday, March 18, 2013

What happened to last week?  I didn't realize it had been so long since I blogged.

Thursday Maddie and Wes did yard work for an older couple in the church. They got lunch and some money out of the deal so that was win/win.

On Friday, Tom, Ty, and Wes hiked about 6 miles of the Appalachian Trail. Maddie and I dropped them off atop Blood Mountain (about 30 or 40 minutes from here) and then picked them up 3.5 hours later at Hog Pen Gap (another 30 minutes in a different direction).  Don't you love the names of the places? They had a great time and it was perfect timing. The leaves are still off the trees so you can see a lot further than when the woods are full of leaves.

Saturday was busy too. I preached at a small community service and we went out to eat at Zaxbys as a family~what a huge treat.

Sunday was church and play practice for the kids.  Today we hit the books hard again and now Maddie is at soccer practice and the boys have Scouts later on tonight.

The greatest serendipity for me lately, is realizing how many little things God does for me. I've been asking him to help me notice these things and I'm slowly starting to see them. I was talking about missing some cardinal birds that lived at our home in Rome and lo and behold:  I looked out my window today and saw a beautiful cardinal.  I was just so grateful to God for the glimpse of beauty and the reminder that he cares deeply about me. How much?  Enough to send my favorite bird my way just when I've been missing them. Now that is love.

Workouts:  I've been doing more barefoot workouts lately. They feel good and I notice I'm more stretched out and energized. Ellen Barrett and Jessica Smith have figured heavily into my routines for sure.

What I've been reading:  I keep forgetting about this. I'm reading a lot of different things but a major book now is Confessions of a Prayer Slacker.  I got it free one day on my Kindle and it's GREAT. Motivational and comforting.  I notice my desire for prayer has definitely increased as I read this little gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment