Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Today was productive, although not in a traditional school way. After all these years you'd think I'd be okay with that but my mind still tells me on some days that things here should look more like school.  Crazy, huh?

The kids worked independently in their books and did a lot of reading. Maddie and Tyler did some work on Narnia projects. Tyler worked on the Power Point for the 9am service (that's his ministry project these days).  Maddie and I ran to the library and then she walked the dog while Wes shot hoops.  I went to the grocery and got my hair cut. AND, some people from our congregation in Blue Ridge stopped by the church and we had a nice visit.

The problem?  I didn't do any one on one teaching and sometimes that makes me feel guilty. It's crazy. I should be glad the kids can do things on their own without needing me all the time but sometimes I feel like things should look like school and less like a home and family.

And yet, that's what we are.  People learning to love one another, Jesus, and the people he made, day by day. So I guess, after all, we had a simply stellar day.


No comments:

Post a Comment