Monday, November 18, 2013

The peaking of our leaves has come and gone.  The days are shorter and cooler.  When I walk Tucker, the leaves crunch under my feet and the air is crisp. Yes, it's November.

We celebrated Maddie's 16th birthday on November 3. She was sick. I was sick. But, we made the best of it for sure. Wes and Alexis rented a silly animated movie and we curled up on the sofa and laughed. We played Apples to Apples.  We just enjoyed being a family. Isn't that what celebrations are really all about?

This week we're doing a fun unit study on Thanksgiving/Pilgrim's/Mayflower Compact, etc. Each child is doing work at their level and reading, writing, etc.  They are also doing math. That's shaping up to be a fun week since it's always nice to have a change of pace. Next week we're off all week and will go to the library and get lots of books to read. Maddie is reading a series now, Tyler two series, and Wes a series. I'm reading what they finish and say is really good. I love Young Adult literature!

Here are some pictures of my Maddie. She's certainly changed, hmm?  Sorry the first is fuzzy. It's a picture of a picture, taken with my cell phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment