Friday, April 5, 2013

 The first picture represents my thoughts about what happened this week. I was bummed out about not going to see my parents for Spring Break but I don't have to understand everything that happens.  God is with me, whether "my" plans succeed or not.
This picture is one of the serendipities of this week. Life being slow enough to make homemade cookies.  Yum. They were gluten-free M&M cookies and were very good.

Today I spent time teaching Maddie and Wes to drive. Mostly around the church parking lot but we practiced backing, driving, turning, parking, etc. Tom took us all out to eat (huge treat for Spring Break) at the world -famous BK Lounge (aka Burger King)~we had coupons!  :D  Wes drove home from there and did a great job. Maddie then had a second lesson with her dad.

Speaking of Burger King, I decided to try something entirely new:   a Turkey Burger. Now I love turkey as much as the next person but couldn't imagine one as a burger. Know what?  It was pretty good. Tom, Wes, and Maddie liked it but Ty said it wasn't his thing. I had to try this when not with my Mother. She hates turkey and it would have gagged her! :)

All in all, it's been a nice, relaxing week. Just what I needed to get ready to go at it toward the finish line of school with the kids. 28 days and counting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment